HCG diet is a common name in the field of weight loss program and treatments. Although it is a pregnancy hormone, but HCG has found its significance in many weight loss programs also.
HCG is a great way to lose weight and that too very quickly! HCG diet has helped millions all over the world to lose weight and to engage in healthy eating. This was an idea by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, who is a British doctor. He discovered that HCG diet can help several people all over the world. HCG diet is quite helpful in solving the weight problem in the areas such as waist, hips and thighs.
So, if you are looking to lose weight, then HCG diet might be right for you!
HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) diet:
HCG is given in two forms:
- HCG injections
- HCG sublingual drops
HCG is a hormone produced by the placenta of a pregnant woman. HCG helps in the development of foetus and maintains pregnancy. During a research program many scientists found that many previously fat pregnant women started loosing weight as they proceeded with pregnancy. Further studies proved that when combined with low calorie diet and exercise, HCG can help you to lose weight.
Although HCG is approved by FDA for the treatment of several medical conditions, but it is not approved for weight loss by FDA.
HCG diet is a safer and quicker method to lose weight. HCG works by forcing the body to burn up more fats for the daily needs of calories and HCG is muscle preserving, it means that weight loss occurs by the burning up of fatsfrom the body except the muscle or structural fats necessary for healthy joints and organs.
HCG diet plan for weight loss:
The HCG diet plan or protocol may vary according to your wish as you can opt for a short 23 day program or the 40 day program. But before you proceed towards following an HCG diet plan, you should keep a few things in check:
- You should be mentally prepared and determined to lose weight, it means that you have to be foccussed and commited through out the entire process of HCG diet.
- You should have your protocol prepared for the HCG diet beforehand. For this you are required to have your groceries, spices and condiments ready with your beforehand.
- Know your goals and you should be aware of your starting point. Stay committed to that day which you choose to start your HCG diet.
A brief of 40 day program:
- Phase-1(days 1-2): includes gorging days and having HCG injections
- Phase-2(days 3-40): a 500 calorie diet and HCG injections
- Phase-3(days 41-43): a 500 calorie diet only, but no injections
HCG diet starts with first two days as ‘gorging days’ when you can have food to your heart’s content, just to bring the hypothalamus gland in balance, followed by a strict 500 calorie diet.
HCG diet food list:
- Coffee or tea (unlimited whole day)
- Saccharin or Stevie (unlimited whole day)
- Two fruits per day (after breakfast or between meals)
- You can have several protein options for dinner and lunch like :
- Chicken breast, crab, shrimp, cod and flounder fish etc.
- You can have a variety of vegetables in your dinner and lunch. Opt for seasonal and nutrient rich vegetables such as:
- Beet roots
- Celery etc.
HCG injections: HCG injections come as pre-filled syringes to inject daily. Each syrinx contains measured units of pure HCG compound. Try to inject the syringes everyday at the same time and do not forget to rotate the sites of injection.
Signs if the HCG diet is working for you:
- You don’t feel hungry if you take your diet according to protocol
- You are full of energy
- You feel lighter and clear headed
Side effects of HCG diet:
Certain side effects have also been reported with the use of HCG diet and they include:
- Breast swelling in boys and men
- Fluid build up
- Blood vessels blocking
HCG diet is an option for those who are willing to lose weight quickly. Ask your doctor or any healthcare provider to guide you the perfect way of losing weight permanently that can be achieved by balanced diet and having regular exercise.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- A Guide to HCG Levels and is Importance in Pregnancy - June 17, 2019
- Tips to Get Longer Eyelashes - June 14, 2019
- Careprost for Fuller Eyelashes - June 13, 2019